Friday, January 28, 2011

Break On Through

This morning I think I had a breakthrough. Not in my weight loss, (clearly, the scale has gone up - especially after those cookies yesterday), but in my thinking.

As I was laying in bed this morning, just having woke up, I took a moment to prepare myself for all the things that could tempt me today, and how I will avoid them.

Then I got to thinking, why is it that I have been stuck at this weight for so long? I mean, I lost 60 lbs! Why can't I lose the rest? What does being at this weight do for me? I asked myself.

Well, one thing I always worry about is being judged (who doesn't?). And being at this weight, in my mind, gives people a reason to judge me based on my weight, and not based on the person I really am. If they judge me cause of my weight, they never have a chance to judge my personality, and I would be crushed if someone didn't like me because of who I really am.

So, I've been maintaining this weight (clinging to it), to protect myself from being judged for who I am.

I think I've come a long way with this little issue since I was in high school, but I think a little bit of this thinking still remains.

Being aware of this is the first step toward breaking this habit of thought. I'll have to do some more thinking on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment