Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

Feb 17 - D1 L2 - Oh really, Jillian? You think you're gonna see me again tomorrow? I HATED L2!!! The moves are soo quick (I slowed it way down, just to perform them with proper form), and not only is it a lot on my wrist, I can feel it in my (previously injured) back. Those walking push ups... NEVER gonna happen. I liked that the ab parts were more intense, but my back is not protected enough in most of the moves. My life is going to suck for the next 9 days! I better not miss a day, or else extend the anguish. No extra cardio was added.

Feb 18 - No Shred today. Still recovering from yesterday. I'm contemplating going back to L1, and just doing the moves that don't hurt my back from L2, but I really wanted to do the whole thing!

Feb 19 - D2 L2 - DONE!!! Somehow, I managed to get through L2 today. My back was feeling much better, and I only pushed the moves as far as I could go, or modified them, like most of the plank moves. I was so sweaty, so I know I pushed it to my max!

Feb 20 - D3 L2 - Complete! I used 5 lb weights on the second strength section, and no weights on the second ab section. For the abs there, I keep my hands and my sides to stabilize my back. Without the push ups from L1, my wrist is so much better! For the planks, I hold on to my 5 lb dumbbells to ease the wrist pain.

Feb 21 - D4 L2 - After tomorrow I'll be 1/2 way there! Unbelievable!!! I've never done 14 days (almost in a row - 2 days off), of any other exercise! My goal for L2 is to do all the third strength exercises to the end, because I haven't made it through the last move in that set yet! I also want to do my modified ab move at the end to the last second. If I can't do these by D10 of L2, then I'm not moving on. Yesterday, I realized why my glutes are so sore... It's the pendulum lunges! I love those! (Never thought I'd say that back on D1 of L2!!)

Feb 22 - D5 L2 - I am HALF WAY through the 30 Day Shred!! Whew! Today was HARD!! I made it through holding all the moves: the last one using weights, and the ab plank move with a twist (which I just held as a plank) for the entire length of time! That's what I get from yesterday's determination! I hope to repeat it again tomorrow. During the plank I kept talking to my arms, which were shaking like mad, "C'mon arms!" Haha! When I started L1 my face used to get red after the Shred, but it wore off by the end. Well, with L2 I've notices that my face is red again. I look like I do when I get off the treadmill after 40 minutes of running/walking! I've never been sweatier in 25 mins, that's for sure! Added 45 mins of cardio.

Feb 23 - D6 L2 - Today was tiring. I did the second set of the final move with weights in that last circuit without weights, and didn't do the final ab move at all! I'm going to be taking tomorrow off to rest, and then I'll be back again on Friday. Added 26 mins of Leslie Sansone walking.

1 comment:

  1. These trainers use both the arms and the legs in a smooth and natural motion making it a cross trainer,The important basic features of abdominal exercise machines include the drive system, the resistance system and the length of stride.

    ReplyDelete